Hi everyone and thank you for visiting my blogs. As I promised in my previous article “Birthday gifts for dogs” I would like to share with you one very good recipe for the homemade birthday cake for a dog. For those who taking care of dog health, I have a good news the receipt is without added sugar, salt, conservant and dye. Because dogs are not humans is not recommended for them to eat the same foodstuffs as we do. Our diet consists of many substances which are dangerous for the dog health, so beware of what your dog is eating.
To make a homemade birthday cake for a dog is very easy and you will need just basic ingredients. Approximate time is around one hour including baking the cake.
- 2 eggs
- 300gr. Hashed meat (can be chicken or beef)
- 500gr of Hokkaido pumpkin
- 1-2 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of linseed
- 250 oats
- First of all, cook the rice without salt according to the instruction.
- Put the oats in a bowl and pour boiling water so that the layer of water is around 2 cm above the oat flakes. Within a few minutes, oats will absorb the water.
- Grate for fine pumpkin and sweet potato put them in separate bowls.
- Oats split into half. First-half stir in grated pumpkin and mix thoroughly. Second half mix up with sweet potato. Put one egg in each bowl, a bunch of linseeds and one grated clove of garlic. Mix it up separately.
- Hashed meat mix up with rice. Grease the pan with oil or butter and after flour it up, you can use as well as breadcrumbs.
- Layer the cake. Sweet potato with oats, hashed meat with rice and pumpkin with oats. Repeat one more time the layer.
- Bake the cake in preheated oven (180 degrees) for 35 minutes
- Let it cools down in cake pan for 15 minutes. Carefully turn the pan over to release the cake and let it cool down completely. You can decorate the cake with some healthy and tasty dog biscuits.
- Cake can be stored in the fridge for maximum 3 days
Here is a little bonus for you!
What “humans” food actually you have to avoid and what is really good and healthy for your dog? We did a research for you probably you will find it useful!
What foodstuff should I avoid giving my dog?
– Chocolate, coffee and tea! Those products contain theobromine, theophylline and caffeine, which increase heartbeats in the worst case pet can have a heart attack.
– Spicy and salted food can lead to liver or kidney disease. Treatments are long-lasting and can be quite expensive.
– Strawberries, vegetable and fresh bread – contains a lot of important vitamins but should be given only in limited quantity.
– Potatoes and root vegetables won’t cause any harm, but in the raw state, the dog might have digestion problems.
What foodstuff can I give to my dog?
– White yoghurt. One of the best source of calcium and protein. Yoghurt should not contain sugar or artificial sweeteners and should contain a live bacterial culture. Bacteria in yoghurt act as an effective probiotic.
– Linseeds. Contains a significant amount of omega 3 fatty acids and fibre. Before feeding your dog it is good to crush the seeds.
– Salmon. Very good food for the dogs suffering from allergies. Same as linseed it is a good source of omega 3 fatty acids. To aware illness give to your dog only cooked salmon.
– Pumpkin. Contains a high amount of fibre and beta-carotene which is a good source of vitamin A. Fiber helps the intestinal tract to work fast keep cells to stay healthy and do not burden the digestive system unnecessarily.
– Sweet potatoes. Besides other sources of fibre sweet potatoes contain vitamin B6, Vitamin C, beta-carotene and manganese.
– Green beans. Has a rich source of vegetable fibre, vitamin K, Vitamin C and manganese. Green beans are highly recommended for dogs with overweight or dogs which tends to gain weight quickly. This low-calorie option will keep your dog healthy and full.
– Eggs. One of the best source of protein, riboflavin and selenium. Some dogs can face gastrointestinal problems, but usually, eggs don’t make a harm. Aware of giving your dog a raw egg.
– Brewer’s yeast. This is a very good source of Group B vitamins that are beneficial to the skin and hair. Brewers yeast reduce the carbohydrates in metabolism and keep them on the right level. Be sure that yeast is not for baking, other vices you can just hurt your dog.
– Apples. Did you know that unpeeled apples contain many important natural ingredients and phytonutrients which protects st various types of cancer? They are a great source of vitamins A, C and fibre. Apples should be given with a cut centre. Do not give your dog seeds as they contain a small amount of cyanide, which is not recommended.
– Oats. Oatmeal for the dog? Yes, of course! Above all, it is a great alternative source of grain for dogs who are allergic to it. Oat is a unique source of soluble fibre which helps to maintain the stability of the intestinal system as well as digestion. To increase the effect it can be used with probiotics. Give your dog only sugar-free oatmeal without any flavourings.
Hope you enjoyed our post and ready to make good and healthy homemade birthday cake for a dog. By making your dog happy you are making happy yourself as well!